Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Oh baby!


Meet sweet Baby P! We announced a few weeks ago that this tiny Virginia peanut would be making its way into the world mid-summer, and, as we (and everyone else on the internet) tend to do, we thought we'd try to document the process for our friends and family across the country.

We've been busy visiting doctors to make sure mama and baby are healthy (check!), helping Wally and Cleo adjust (mostly Cleo- that pup has major anxiety issues), and planning the nursery! Here's where we're headed:


We don't want to be too "theme-y," but I couldn't resist the paper maché Zebra from Dwell Studios (found at HomeGoods for half off!) or this sweet mama and baby yellow elephant (yellephant?) print from Ikea that we found long before we were even talking about Baby P.


And in true baby blog fashion, there will be bump pictures- just not this week (not much to show, anyway). I had a stomach bug on Monday and Tuesday, then was a little too excited this morning about going back to work, and I slipped and fell down the stairs on my backside. Baby's fine, but Mama's a little sore :/ Hopefully next week is a bit easier on us.

Anyway, here's the weekly update!
How far along: 7 weeks
Gender: We won't know for awhile, but I think it's a boy, and everyone else thinks girl. As long as the baby's healthy, we're thrilled either way.
Weight gain: This part's been hard on me (I lost 55 pounds this year), because my body IMMEDIATELY changed (I knew I was pregnant before we even took a test; my pants got tight during week 1, and there was one day where I ate really well and worked out, and the next day I gained 7lbs (what?!). My weight's leveled out, but I'm going to focus on toning, walking, and stretching (all doctor approved) to keep me (and Baby P) healthy.
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I've been choosing dresses and leggings over jeans, and some of my favorite tshirts are a little snug up top now :(
Stretch marks: another way I knew before we "knew." I woke up with two lines on each side of my lower stomach, and that night we took a test. Thanks to Mustela, we're keeping them at bay- that stuff is a miracle worker :)
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Like a dang ROCK. And all the time. We got a body pillow because I've been having tailbone and hip pain some nights, and it's definitely helped.
Best moment this week: Seeing sweet Baby P's little heart flicker on the screen yesterday. It's so cool thinking about the fact that we're bringing a human being into the world, filled with potential to make a difference and change lives. Mindblowing.
Worst moment this week: falling down the stairs :/ grateful that we're all okay though
Miss anything: Sushi and coffee. RIP. Although I found out I can have some sushi in moderation as long as it's cooked and not mercury-rich, so that's super exciting.
Movement: none yet!
Cravings: Anything SUPER spicy, potatoes, Italian food, pears, broccoli, and lately, breakfast food.
Aversions: apples, pasta salad/Italian dressing, on some days: ice cream (the texture is weird now... and I used to LOVE it), and recently saltines (they taste greasy for some reason)
Queasy or sick: Not particularly. My morning sickness has been practically non-existent, other than a little nausea at night. Found out my mom had the same thing when she carried me- we've had a lot of similarities :)
Looking forward to: everything! Finding out the gender, putting the crib together- you name it, we're excited.

Hope you guys have s great week!
C+K 

No comments:

Post a Comment